Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Sleep Like a Dad

Tyler and I have been talking about the phrase "slept like a baby." I'm sure people with kids have wondered this long before me. I mean really? Newborns wake up like every 2 hours. And I'm also sure not everyone has a baby that sleeps through the night from the beginning or a little later on (and if you do/did, I dislike you but please tell me your secret). Trajan also loves to fight sleep. He gets tired but he wants to stay awake for everything but then we usually have a cranky baby. So we think it should be "sleep like a dad." Don't worry Tyler gets up with me during the night to help change diapers. But he falls asleep SO fast. Like last night, I swear it was within 2 minutes he fell asleep. Then there I was, still awake. Thinking about our plans for the next day, listening to our baby, and dying of thirst. I was so jealous he was completely out and within minutes! I mean somedays I can pass out in minutes, but it's becoming a rare occasion. However, Tyler did make me breakfast in bed this morning. So he can keep sleeping like a dad and I will sleep like a mom. And this handsome guy can keep sleeping like a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment